Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Typical Day Roaming the Streets of Murcia


Thursday, 22 January, 2015:

At the panaderia this morning, Belén was in her full meteorological mode as she gave me the full details about why it was so much colder today.

Apparently there has been snow in the mountains near Granada. Today's strong winds are attacking Murcia from that direction thus the cool temperatures.

She also made a mean béchamel pastry this morning that served as my breakfast.

It was warm.

I braved the elements to get a new book to read at the library, Philip Roth's The Human Stain.

Correos de Murcia

While walking from the library, I passed Murcia's main Post Office and decided to drop in to buy a few stamps in advance of this weekend's trip to the greater Bilbao megalopolis. I just know that I'll buy a few postcards to send home and I didn't want to go around trying to find an open tobacco store on Saturday that has the 1 Euro stamps necessary to mail them to the USA.

I was told that they didn't have any.

At the MAIN Post Office.

I gave the señora helping me my best "you've got to be kidding me" look. She said that she would see if she could find some. She returned from the back room about three minutes later with, apparently the last five 1 Euro stamps in the building.

A few .50 Euro centimos stamps could have done the trick too I suppose.

La Tienda de Susano

It was about 2:00 and I was hungry again. This is one of Murcia's best restaurants so I stopped in for a quick caña and a delicious ración de croquettes de jamon.

 Yum

Well, maybe not the hard boiled eggs.

 Interesting, what is it?

Holy Week Group

Another of the local confraternities that will don their colors during Semana Santa parades.

It won't be long now

The season in Valencia starts in March I believe. I'm hoping that we'll have a few corridas in Murcia this Spring as well.

Commies in Murcia!

Does Ben Todd know about this?

Eddie?

 Towers in a New Light

 Really?

I saw this sign at the Carrefour while shopping for a new printer for La Hacienda.

I got a good price on one and its got a wireless hook-up to my laptop.

Only my laptop refuses to read the CD-Rom soft wear so I can't print anything.

Great . . .

Ready for Season #50 of the
American football coaching career

Sunday is the season opener in Santurtzi.

It should be exciting!!!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Good Luck!!!

David said...

You might be able to download the program for the printer online. Google for the printer name and "driver."

George said...

Gracias David! I'll try it.