Sunday, October 7, 2012

Football Clinic and Lyon Lights


Saturday started off GREAT for me on two fronts.

First, yesterday I purchased a digital scale to resume my daily morning weigh-ins that I started doing last winter in Switzerland. My last weigh-in had been in Camarillo on September 20th, the day I left for Lyon. On that day I weighed in at a petite 131.3 kilos. Today I tipped the Toledos at a mere 125.7 kilos!

That is a loss of 5.6 kilos since I arrived in France. My rigorous baguette, pain chocolate and walking regimen is working!!! That's a little over 12 pounds in only 16 days.

The second milestone was the arrival of The Villa's brand spanking used washing machine. No more Laverie Automatique for this homme.

Saturday our home stadium was used to put on a youth coaches clinic courtesy of the Fédération Française de Football Américain. 

A great day for a clinic

Clinician Larry Legault


Larry is from Montreal, Canada.

Although he lives in Geneva, Switzerland, he is the coach of the French National team.

He did a great job teaching some very solid fundamental drills to the coaches in attendance.

Coach Legault teaching
passing mechanics

Joe from Philadelphia


He coaches in Chambrey and is as old as me . . . a kindred soul to say the least.

After four good clinic hours, I missed the first two hours waiting for the washing machine delivery in The Villa, it was off to downtown Lyon to see the city lit up at night.

Hôtel de Ville

The lead fountain in
Place des Terreaux

A Camino de Santiago route
runs through Lyon

Église St.-Nizier

Harvest Theme

What kind?

Dinner al fresco on Rue Merciére

Lots of al fresco dining

Lyon's Theater

Tapestries, Dr. Jones, tapestries

St.-Jean Cathedral in front of
Basilique Notre-Dame 

Colors off of the Saône River

St.-Jean Cathedral

Lion's Mouth

And some more colors

I need to eat some Kebab
SOON!

The Opera House


On Sunday, the Falcons developmental "B" team (0-1) will host the Annecy Avalanches (0-0) at 2:00 p.m. at Stade Pierre Duboeuf.

Our goals are simply to play better than last week, have fun, play everyone that suits out and, hopefully, win.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Frédéric Bastiand said...

" Little story for big history", about the fountain in Place des Terreaux.

This fountain was designed by Frédéric Bartholdi, who had also designed the Statue of Liberty.

It was a request from the city of Bordeaux, and it represents la Garonne ( the main river crossing Bordeaux. there is also water in Bordeaux, not only wine...) and its 4 tributaries(?).
But Bordeaux city council never paid, and Lyon bought the fountain in 1890.

Frédéric Bastiand said...

Nice pics of my hometown, Coach.

Interesting points of view on the city of my heart.
I should take you for a ride, one day, and show you several places which are not registered in tourist guides but who tell a lot about Lyon's history.