Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Fiat 500 Reviewed


As you may remember, a few weeks ago I relayed the message from my Sports Authority, David Lassen, that after an absence of 33 years, the Italian Fiat car company was reintroducing their famed 500 model into the marketplace. I was delighted to hear the news as I am a big fan of the old 500 and will drive one before I leave Sicily!

This was one of my first encounters with
one of the wonderful old 500's back in February.

Our Free Safety, Christian Di Mauro, actually owns two restored 500's and said I could take one for a spin if I can get into it, think EVOO! 

My first sighting of the new Fiat 500 in Roma last Tuesday.

It says Fiat 500 on it but it is neither small nor cute, I refuse to drive his obvious gas hogging Italian SUV of a car on principle alone!!!

2 comments:

DPLassen said...

If I was Christian, I might be more worried about your ability to get OUT of the Cinquecento. Take along a can opener ... but I do look forward to hearing a full review.

George said...

I believe tht the Extra Virgin Olive Oil will do the trick!