Sunday, March 30, 2008

Milan Morning


Because of my need to be at the airport by 12:30 p.m. for my flight to Prague, I had very little time to see the sights of Milan Sunday morning. I limited myself to 7:00 a.m. Mass at Milan's Duomo and a stroll through the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, a shopping area next to the Duomo.


Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
Very high end fashion houses have shops here.
I saw a GREAT Prada purse for Laurie in their window but unfortunately they were closed!


The famous Belle Epoque glass ceiling of Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II


The Milan Duomo is the fourth biggest church in Europe.
It can seat 10,000 worshippers!


The Duomo is rather ornate outside


The inside of the Duomo is also very humbling.
It was very serene to be here with only 30 other people for Mass.

No comments: